is a closed-door pharmacy that was created to offer prescriptions, over the counter medications, nutritional education and advice and medical supplies to Long Term Care facilities. One of the primary goals of Professional Care Pharmacy is to provide a level of service not found in the large nation-wide long term care pharmacies. Being the biggest is not good enough; our #1 goal is to be The Best. Because we strive to provide specialized services, Professional care Pharmacy has a wide range of packaging that the facility may choose from; for example, we provide not only the typical punch-card for individual medications but also special compliance packaging for an easier distribution to the patients and for a more precise dosage.
Working with administrators and nursing staff we create plans and procedures unique to your organization. Communication, safe medication handling, efficient medication pass times and drug information for your nursing staff are all essential to providing optimal care. We perform in-depth analysis of each facility in order to aid in these areas and improve their level of service. If your facility would benefit from being served by a pharmacy that is truly passionate about what they do and how they do it, we encourage you to contact us at 410-484-4801.
Who do we service?
- Assisted living
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Mental and behavioral health facilities
- Developmental disability communities
- Group homes
- Correctional institutions
- 24/7 -365 days a year on-call system
- Same day deliveries and monthly ﬁll-cycle
- FREE daily routine deliveries and after hours emergency deliveries as needed
- All new admissions will receive their medications on the same day
Order Processing and Packaging:
- Electronic prescribing
- Electronic ordering
- Reliable, fast, and accurate order processing
- Specialized medication packaging
- Blister packs (Punch Card), multi-dose packaging, vials, vacation and day program packaging
- PRNs on request
- Assistance with formulary management
- No added cost for you or your residents
- All insurances accepted
- We bill insurance companies directly
- On-Site Billing Specialists
Electronic and Paper Services:
- Medication Administration Records (MARs)
- Treatment Records (TARs)
- Physician Medication Order Forms (POMFs)
- Option for Electronic Medication Administration Records (EMARs)
- Option for Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
Consultant Pharmacy Drug Regimen Review
Consultant pharmacists review patient charts and visit with residents to monitor their response to therapy in an effort to avoid medication-related problems. Special clinical software programs that contain information regarding drug interactions, disease states, pharmacokinetics, and other critical information aid consultant pharmacists’ interventions. In addition, consultant pharmacists provide formulary recommendations as well as educating facility staff on cost effective therapies to assist in managing the nursing facility’s medication costs.